1. First thing to understand is that your MagickStick is already balanced. This means that if it is straight to start with when you hold it, it will fly straight when you drop it. SO REMEMBER: Always hold the MagickStick to the side STRAIGHT and release it by simply letting go of your fingers. Do not push it as it will not fall straight. Patience is everything. EVERY TIME YOUR MagickStick IS NOT STRAIGHT, PICK IT UP WITH YOUR OTHER HAND AND START FROM THE BEGINNING! (That is, if you really want to become a master)
2. Practise moving the MagickStick side to side. Closing your eyes can help as SEEING can hinder SENSING the flow of the MagickStick. With your eyes closed, feel the MagickStick swing side to side, feel the pendulous sensation and follow by responding to the pull. First you feel the MagickStick move, and then you respond to the pull.
3. When you are comfortable with the side to side movement, start to move your MagickStick around in circles. Simply extend your arm out in front of you, stop moving side to side and the MagickStick will begin to circle, answer the pull and keep the string taught at all times. Take the string evenly all the way around the MagickStick. Once comfortable with circling, return to side to side movement and then change directions of the circling movement.
4. Alternate between the side-to-side movement and circling movement and continue this practice until it becomes easy!
5. Now you can start to experiment... Go back to side-to-side and allow the MagickStick's movement to become bigger and bigger until it does one continuous round, that is, take the MagickStick all the way up in the air and back down again, drawing a circle in front of you. Try to stop the movement when the MagickStick returns to the down position and change directions.
6. Go back to circling: while the MagickStick is swirling in front of you, take your hand and the MagickStick all the way around your head... do it! it will work :) As long as the MagickStick doesn't touch your body or anything else, it will always stay straight.
7. More tricks and lessons to come... stay posted for the full video tutorials of the MagickStick.